Update and hello to LVSA from Lynn Valley Services Society:
We hope to begin a “soft opening” of Mollie Nye House during the month of September.
Not all programs will start the same week and not all activities will start in the Fall.
Everything will be in the Activity Room, the main level will be closed and used for staff
only. Access to the House will be restricted and no tea, coffee, cookies will be offered.
Please do not bring your lunch!
If you are a regular attendee, you will receive a call to pre-register, check your e-mail if
you have one in case of the need for contact tracing.
Participants will be asked the questions below before attending programs or activities at
Mollie Nye House. We have to limit numbers to adhere to WorkPlace BC/Health
regulations, which means 6-8 per activity. Not every class/group activity/drop-in will be
starting again in the fall.
Everyone will be asked the same type of questions upon arrival at Mollie Nye House.
Thank you so much - please look out for more information.
1. Are you experiencing any of the following?:
- Mild or severe difficulty breathing
- Mild to moderate shortness of breath
- Cold/flu or COVID-19 like symptoms – even mild ones such as: fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and painful swallowing, stuffy or runny note, loss of sense of smell, headache muscle aches, fatigue or loss of appetite
2. Have you travelled outside of Canada (including the USA) within the last 14 days?
3. Have you had, provide care to, or have close contact with any person with confirmed COVID-19 ?
If you answer "Yes" to any of the above, please do no attend Mollie Nye house activities
or programs, self isolate, and contact your health professional.
Thank you for your cooperation. LVSS Board of Directors. July 2020.
2020/2021 LVSA Board Members
- President - Jackie Hay
- Secretary - Lorraine Campbell
- Treasurer - Georgina Duplissie
- Directors - Carol Thompson, Margaret Ballantine, Dee Walker, Marion Exner, Marilyn Rohan
We're excited to participate in this local partnership which gives an added privilege of membership in LVSA.
Present your valid LVSA membership card to receive a 10% discount on food at the Black Bear Pub in Lynn Valley Center.
The fine print:
- Hours when offered: 1:00pm - 4:00pm, Monday to Thursday every week
- You must present your LVSA membership card when you order
- Only diners with cards will receive the discount on their food orders
Thanks to the Black Bear Pub for continuing their tradition of giving back to their community!